Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Social Media for Retailers

Social media is a powerful and valuable tool for retailers. Alot of businesses nowadays is using social media to drive customers through their doors to maximize sales and to grow their business. Social media is a way to engage with your customers to promote sales, get feedback, to share ideas, and to learn what can be improved with your customers and their in-store experience. They repeatedly visit social media pages to find promotions, discounts, incentives to visit the store in person, etc.

Tierra Bonaldi shared some really good tips in the video, Social Media for Retailers listed below.


The #1 question.........Facebook OR Twitter? 

Ever since I can remember, Facebook was the next big thing after Myspace. Everyone had Facebook. Facebook has alot of users, but given its popularity, it is not the place to be advertising. It is more for connecting, sharing and keeping up with friends and family. Facebook already has too much going on that people don't notice the advertisements that is off to the side.

Throughout the years of having Facebook, Facebook kept changing and I needed something consistent. I put off getting a Twitter for the longest time, but I finally gave in and got it. Twitter was the next big thing and everyone kept raving about it. Right off the bat, I was hooked on Twitter. I like being able to speak my mind without worrying about blowing up and annoying people on Facebook....that is what Twitter is for.

Twitter has a higher engagement rate than Facebook. It is an effective tool for businesses to reach out to people about their sales in a simplified text (140 characters), its easy to skim and to process information and it is also well targeted.


2 comments:

  1. I never notice the ads on Facebook, but on Twitter I see a lot! Twitter makes it super easy to find out what sales and promotions the stores I love are having!

    ReplyDelete