Monday, October 21, 2013

Any Mall Better Than No Mall

Let's be real. Why are people hating on the College Square Mall? Word of mouth, I have heard things about the College Square Mall that I am only going to repeat here and here only.


"It's tiny"
"It sucks"
"It's for mall walkers"
"There's nothing there"
"They need to get more stores"
"There's not many stores that appeal to me"

But really, the College Square Mall provides certain demands to the Cedar Falls population that you can't find anywhere else within the area...unless you want to drive ten minutes out to Waterloo to the Crossroads Mall. I rather have any kind of mall then no mall at all.

The College Square is a decently sized, accessible and efficient mall located on University Avenue in Cedar Falls, Iowa. The mall has some vacant spots, but also has stores that every mall seems to have. These stores include: Aeropostale, American Eagle, Bath & Body Works, Buckle, Christopher & Banks, Claire's Boutique, Express, General Nutrition Center (GNC), Great American Cookies, Hat World, HuHot Mongolian Grill, My Dress Up Shop, Modern Nails, Old Chicago, Perfect IBrowz, Pretzelmaker, Regis Salon, Riddles Jewelry, Sassy's Bling N Things, U.S Cellular, UniversiTees, Vanity, Verizon Wireless, Vila Italian Specialities, Victoria Secret, Von Maur, and Younkers. The movie theatre is also attached to the mall.

All these stores are unique and different in their own way. Look for my next blog on store layouts!


2 comments:

  1. I was a little disappointed, but it's better than the mall in my hometown. I find a good variety of clothing items in the mall as a whole, so that's convenient enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! My hometown doesn't have a mall, so coming here and having this mall, even though it's tiny, is really nice! It's way better than having to drive 25, or even 50 minutes to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete